Treating Rash at Home:
- Don’t touch the thing that caused the rash.
- If you can wash your skin with mild soap and cool water right after exposure, you may get rid of all or most of the problem substance. That will help reduce symptoms.
- For blisters, try applying cold moist compresses for 30 minutes three times a day.
- Oral antihistamines can help relieve itching.
- Don’t use an antihistamine lotion unless suggested by your doctor, because it sometimes can cause skin irritation or an allergic reaction.
- If the rash covers only a small area, a hydrocortisone cream may be all you need for relief.
Soothe Dry Itchy Skin:
- Use body or face cleansers- not soap
- Use moisturizer immediately after shower(within 3 minutes)
- Best effective moisturizer- ointments, cream
- Lotion not so effective