Worried About Quickly Emptying Cosmetics?
- Invest a few dollars or less and buy a paint tube wringer.
- It is amazing how much extra is lurking in those tubes of cosmetics when you use them.
- They are great for ALL cosmetics in tubes.
Want a Prolonging Foundation?
- Mix foundation with moisturizer for a longer lasting base.
- This is particularly good to do for summer time if you wear foundation.
- No need to have more than one which many women will do for seasonal changes.
Bronzer Nearly Finished?
- Mix the last bits of nearly finished bronzer with some moisturizer and use as a body shimmer for arms and décolletage areas.
- Liquid or powder bronzer can be used for this and even a tiny bit of bronzer will go further with moisturizer.
Love Your Body Oils?
- Take a quarter of your oil and pour it into a small clean sterilized pump container, fill it up with water.
- This can now be used as a handy spray that helps your skin to be well moisturized , soft and supple.
- You will make your oil last considerably longer this way.
No Shaving Cream?
- Use a drop of your hair conditioner if there is no Shaving Cream.
Hate Your Hair Conditioner?
- If you have a conditioner you are not happy with, no need to chuck it out.It can be used on legs for making it silky smooth and soft.
Want to Have Smoothy legs?
- Olive Oil can be used by both men and women that leaves the skin soft, supple and moisturized.
- When finished lightly blot the skin with a tissue or give a splash of cold water and pat the skin dry.
- Other oils like avocado, jojoba, coconut or apricot kernel oil if you don’t have olive oil but they may not be cost effective to use permanently.
Razor Not Sharp Enough The Second Time?
- After shaving, soak your razor in baby oil as it prevents the metal oxidizing and will keep the blades sharp longer. No need for a new blade just yet!
Want Long Lasting EyeShadow?
- Apply white eyeshadow as a base to make your eyeshadow pop more. Not only will it make the colors more bold, but will also help your eyeshadow last longer.
Left With Many Pieces of Blush?
- Use old, broken or nearly finished blush to make your own Creme Blush which is easy, quick and gives a fresh dewy look to the complexion.
- You can mix a few different blushes together to make a unique shade that will compliment your skin tone.
- Another thing you can do with broken blush is to add a drop of rubbing alcohol to the compact it was in and press the blush back in. The powder will set back into the metal pan
Don't Know What to do with your Broken Eyeshadows?
- Never discard a broken eyeshadow as it can be recycled and used loose by popping it into a small eyeshadow or lip gloss jar.
- Another idea is to using it as powder eyeliner.
Got Some Old Mascara Wands?
- When your mascara is finished, keep the wand and stick it in the dishwasher or clean and sterilize thoroughly. Use this wand to keep those eyebrows groomed.
- Another couple of uses are to spray with a little hair spray and keep any straggly hairs in place around the hairline.
Extend Eye & Lip Pencils Use?
- If you find your eyeliner, eyebrow or lip pencils go soft and are a nightmare to sharpen then put them in the fridge.
- Particularly in hot climates the wax in the pencils melt making it harder or near impossible to get the correct application.SoYou end up using too much product you don’t need and will be sharpening the pencils into oblivion.
- Sharpening your pencils is important and there are great double ones for thick and thin pencils which are worth buying instead of two separate ones.
Want To Use Every Last bit of Lipstick?
- There is always a bit of lipstick still left in tubes that seems impossible to remove. Use a lip brush, Q-tip, plastic spatula, toothpick or cocktail stick to remove every last bit of your favorite lippy.
- Another trick for extending the life of your lipstick is to store in the fridge in humid or hot conditions. It prevents the wax going soft and more susceptible to breaking.
Is Your Lipstick Hygenic?
- For keeping your lipstick hygienic, dip the tube in rubbing alcohol for 15-30 seconds, remove and wipe the top off. Popping your lipstick in the freezer will also sterilize it and kill any bacteria.
Lipstick Got Broken?
- If you have broken lipsticks don’t discard the broken part but pop it in a small pot and use with a lip brush.
- Make cream blush from old lippy.
Problem With Nail Polish Thickening?
- If you are a die hard fan of nail polish and fed up of them getting thick, sticky or hardening, there are a few tricks to reviving them back to life.
- Rubbing the bottle between the palms of the hand will warm up the polish and will sometimes be all that’s needed.
- As a quick fix, a few drops of nail polish remover will thin out the consistency but only put a drop in from a Q-tip to stop it thinning out too much.
- Nail polish thinner is also commercially available which does the trick too and is widely available at different price points.
- A tip is to put your nail polish in the fridge before using. Ideal as a preventative measure it stops solvents evaporating and the polish from thickening.
Do You Have Pump Dispenser Cosmetics?
- If You have any cosmetics with a pump, unscrew the top off and you will see there is usually more product on the long tube which you can use. The tube is also good for lifting off any product that is on the edges of the container
Do You care Your Makeup Brushes?
- Look after your makeup brushes to prolong its life.
- If your makeup brushes are losing bristles, take a pair of pliers to tighten the metal part at the base of the bristles. This is a very easy and simple way of preventing any further shedding
Want Long Lasting lipstick?
- Place a thin tissue over lipstick and dust a translucent powder over the top of the tissue. This will help set the lipstick last and will also make it a bit matte too.