When you want to buy foundation, make it clear in your mind Matching foundation is not about the color but its all in the way you apply it.
- When you are in a makeup store or department store where you cannot open and try a sample or where you want to try lot of foundations, just hold the foundation bottle closest to the jawline and see if it matches your skin tone.
- If you still go wrong with the one you chose, you can very well exchange it in most of the drugstores.
- Use a beauty blender to apply the foundation and dab it all over the face.
- Once done with it, continue it slightly down the neck region too. This would help avoid the harsh look of foundation along the jawline.
- Use two different foundations for face and neck respectively.
- That is one shade lighter for face and one shade darker for your neck.
- This is because of the other add ons like blush and bronzer you use on face, it would create color difference and so follow this trick to avoid that odd look.
- For example, If you use CoverEffects N20 on face, opt for N25 or 30 for neck.
- Finally the choose the right number of foundation for your skin tone.
- Some of the foundations are categorised into 3 as W=Warm, N=Neutral and C=Cool.
- Find out which one suits you and if you are doubtful, go for neutral as it matches fro all. Mostly Warm suits darker skin tones and Cool suits lighter shades.