To get Maximum juice:
- Roll lemons and oranges on the counter top with the palm of your hand.
- It makes them softer and warmer to yield more juice when juicing them.
- If they were just out of the refrigerator put them in sink hot water for a minute or two first.
- Later you can squeeze them as shown here
To Open Jammed Lid:
- If you got the jar lid stuck, hold the jar upside down and dip the lid section into boiling water for 4-5 seconds.
- You would have also come up with chances of stuck up cups like here
To Sharpen Knife Edge:
- If your knife edges are dull and you have no honing steel or sharpening stone, then use the bottom ridge of a porcelain/ceramic plate to get the job done.
To Fight Kitchen Grease stains:
- To fight tough kitchen grease stains on your clothes, use dish detergent (just a bit) in your laundry.
- Dish detergent is designed to breakdown and fight this kind of grease.
To Store Fresh Herbs Longer:
- Store fresh herbs enclosed in a moist towel on the top shelf of refrigerator for longer shelf life and less wilting.
To Store Root Veggies Longer:
- To help root vegetables last weeks longer, store them in water while in the fridge.
To Avoid Onion Tears:
- Put a wooden pencil into your mouth sideways and bite down on it while cutting onions to avoid eye burning tears.
To Compromise Water:
- If you ever add too much water into a recipe just put some uncooked rice or raw pasta (loosely tied in a handkerchief) into the bowl.
- The rice will absorb the excess water.